Destination Development Program
The Destination Development Program supports and facilitates projects that contribute to the development of the tourism industry in Franklin County. Projects target the technical development of destination projects and support new marketing efforts and initiatives.
- Available Funding
- Application Deadline
- Eligible Expenses
- Funding Schedule
How much funding is available?
The minimum award amount is $500, the maximum award amount is $5,000. There is a minimum match requirement of 50% for each award and the funding amount cannot exceed 50% of the total project cost. This program is issued on a reimbursement basis, so applicants will need to identify funding for the full project amount up front.
Who can apply for funding?
Program funds are available to for-profit businesses, non-profit organizations and municipalities.
When is the deadline to apply?
What are the eligible expenses?
Eligible expenses include but are not limited to:
- Purchase of recognized media advertising;
- Production costs of print and audio/visual materials;
- Website design/updates;
- Fees paid to artists, musicians, performers, special guests & speakers;
- Rental of event amenities (e.g. chairs, tents, tables, staging, lighting, fencing, etc.);
- Consultation/vendor events services (e.g. security, av, sound, lighting crews, etc.);
- Site expenses & services (e.g. facility fees, security, shuttle buses, etc.);
- Purchase of equipment and/or event amenities (ex. permanent staging, fixed assets, etc.);
- Acquisition or leasing of land, buildings, machinery and/or equipment;
- Acquisition of an existing business and/or assets; and
- New construction, renovation or leasehold improvements.
What is the schedule for funding after the project is awarded?
The Program Review Committee will review and score projects, and make a decision. Awardees will be notified within 30 days. After being notified, FCLDC will issue an award letter and program agreement. Once the program agreement is executed, the awardee will have 12 months to complete the project plan and expend the funds.