Adirondack Frontier Main Street Program
The Franklin County Economic Development Corp. is committed to assisting with the resurgence of main streets and downtowns in Franklin County. Among other activities, FCEDC seeks and has been awarded funding from a variety of state and non-profit grant programs to provide financial assistance to commercial and mixed-use renovation projects.
- Program Overview
In general, most profit and non-profit businesses and organizations can apply for funding assistance. Eligible renovations include facade renovations and restorations, the creation or renovation of commercial space, and the creation of new residential units.
Renovations must meet local design guidelines and standards, the NYS Building Code, and NYS historic preservation standards. Grants are awarded on a reimbursement basis. There is an owner match requirement.
Properties in downtowns throughout the Adirondack Frontier were eligible to apply for the program. They were scored based on visual, commercial and residential impact, readiness, and impact to local and regional plans. The following locations were awarded funding through a committee review process.
- 86 Main Street – Façade restoration and renovation of two apartment units of mixed-use property
- 70 Main Street – Façade improvements of commercial property
- 45 – 47 Main Street – Façade improvements of commercial property
- 115 Main Street – Façade restoration and structural repair of mixed-use property
- 100 Park Street – Façade improvements of commercial property
- 115 Park Street – Façade improvements, structural repair and renovation of one apartment unit of mixed-use property
- 70 Park Street – Façade improvements of mixed-use property
- 123 Park Street – Façade restoration of mixed-use property
- 127 Park Street – Façade restoration of mixed-use property
- 60 Park Street – Façade improvements of commercial property
- 106 Park Street – Façade improvements of commercial property
- 93 – 95 Park Street – Renovation and creation of two commercial units in mixed-use property