Tupper Lake Downtown Revitalization Initiative Energize Uptown Project Awards
Over $495,000 awarded to five projects for interior and exterior improvements and business assistance
Tupper Lake, NY – The Village of Tupper Lake and the Franklin County Economic Development Corp. (FCEDC) are thrilled to announce the Tupper Lake Energize Uptown Fund (Energize Uptown) awards. Energize Uptown is an initiative that will provide matching grants for interior and exterior building improvements, site upgrades and enhancements, as well as business assistance.
The village was awarded $600,000 through the Tupper Lake Downtown Revitalization Initiative (DRI) for the project. FCEDC will administer the fund on behalf of the Village. This transformative endeavor will leverage both public and private funds, resulting in an investment of over $1,200,000 in Tupper Lake.
- $100,00 to China Wok (99 Park Street) for façade renovations and interior commercial renovations.
- $147,500 to Broaster Chicken on Park (105 Park Street) for façade renovations, creation of an outdoor dining space and interior commercial renovations.
- $140,000 to Frary Funeral Home (24 Cliff Avenue) for façade renovations and equipment to expand business operations.
- $100,000 to Three Lakes Holdings LLC (56 Lake Street) for façade renovations, landscaping and interior commercial renovations.
- $10,300 to Greg Gachownski (82-86 Park Street) for façade improvements.
Approximately $42,000 in funding remains and the Village of Tupper Lake and FCEDC will be accepting a second round of applications until November 8th. More information, including the application and program guidelines, can be found at https://adirondackfrontier.com/doing-business/financial-resources/main-street-program/
Mayor Paul Maroun said, “We are so pleased with the quality of the projects that were awarded funding and we can’t wait to see how the completed projects contribute to the continued transformation of Park Street. We express appreciation to New York State for believing in our community and investing $10 million in Downtown Revitalization Initiative funds to support Tupper Lake.
FCEDC CEO Jeremy Evans said, “We congratulate the Village of Tupper Lake and all of the grant awardees. Tupper Lake is truly on the rise and we look forward to working with the project sponsors to complete their projects. This project is another way FCEDC has been able to support downtown revitalization across Franklin County through the Adirondack Frontier Main Street Program.”